Tuesday, July 08, 2008

raising puppy

Do I remember how to raise/train a puppy? The last time I have a pup was nearly three years ago now, so the arriving of Sizzle is a new chapter! I love raising puppy, especially a challenging one! Not just he will learn from day to day but I am learning with him too! Sizzle is an adorable tiny little puppy, he is very petite and fine, so I have to be extra careful when handling him. And you all know shelties are very sensitive, so patient is the main issue here!
There is no pressure raising this gorgeous little fluffy fur ball eventhough I have received emails and texts asking me WHEN is he able to jump & weave & to do his running contacts!!! Even his crazy dad Colin said to me "you better get him to weave tomorrow!!"! Oh! Come On! I know he is coming up to 15 weeks but he is just a baby and he needs to adjust himself in the new home, meeting new people, new dogs and have to learn the outside world yet!! We have a lot of basic to catch up before I even start thinking to teach him sit, down, left, right ... etc. I AM TAKING IT VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY!!
If you see us around the shows, please do come and meet him and give him a cuddle. I'd love to post some photos of him but he can't stay still for a second or he is too close, so here we have two not so good photos of him:

6 comments:

Karen said...

He looks just gorgeous and I cant wait to meet him , and from my recent experience, with Todd I tried to go for one new experience every day, which is very time consuming but def. worth it in the end :0) karen xxxxxxx

ann said...

What a cutie,you lucky thing !
If you want to get him used to children I know of three that would be very willing to help, of course their mum would have to be involved aswell!!
Ann xx

Paula said...

Oh Lian you kept that quiet. Can't wait to meet the new little man.

Sara said...

What a sweet puppy face. He is so cute!

Hooch and troops said...

cutie pie....big hugs
xx

Lorna said...

Ah he looks lovely - I look forward to meeting him :)

Lorna x