Friday, July 25, 2008

sheltie ears for you!!

Sizzle's ears are driving me crazy at the moment!!
I am considering myself lucky with my shelties' ears. Sing is my first sheltie, so I was ignorant and didn't know how to deal with his prick ears then, when Seagull came along, I have learned but I failed to make his ears perfect! I am very lucky with Saturn's ears, they are natural and they are just perfectly right, so I make sure Titan's look as good as Saturn. I watched him when he was teething and I was glad that I managed to tip the both ears and they look good now. Skye also comes with natural ears but his are a bit too heavy, so it looks a bit droopy but a lot of people told me most blue merles are like that. When we went to see Sizzle, he was 14+ weeks old and his ears look very nice and I was told they are natural too, so I am hoping his ears will stay like this so I don't have to worry too much about it. Eventhough I don't show any of mine but I like them to look good and handsome.
I took Sizzle for his 2nd vaccination, micropchipped and frontline him on Monday and for some strange reason, after the vet trip, his left ear dropped a lot and that really worried me! (the both ears were ok on Sunday, if you see my earliest post of him and Ziga sitting together) I have asked so many experienced breeders about it and they told me it could be the vaccination that cause the trouble and also he is going into this teething stage, so I will expect his ears like a yoyo, up and down a lot!! I am actually quite happy if the ears go up because I know how to tip it down but I can't manage a heavy ear!! Just yesterday, his right ear was still in the right position and today, it started to drop as well!!!
This is sheltie for you!!! Never know what to expect!!
hope his ears will go up in the right position

a cute photo for you

this post is nothing to do with Titan but I know my little friend in Malaysia is missing him terribly, so this picture is specially for her.

1 comment:

L1nG L1nG said...

Haha!!! I am the little friend in Malaysia =D thanks a lot for the photos!!!