Friday, September 05, 2008

Starters memories

It has been raining non stop this morning, so there is no more excuse NOT to tidy up my work table and my office, well basically the doggie room!! While sorting out all the paperworks, I found a white envelope with this content:This trace my memories back to August 2006, Sing won out of Medium Starters Agility at BridgeHouse. Their show manager Christina Wilkin was very kind to send out pictures taken that day, it really is a very sweet memory espeically I was just a beginner then.
I didn't start to train Sing in agility when he was nearly 3, that was back in 2005. Sing is always a great dog but I was struggling with handling skills and running at the same time! I can't quite get him to weave but our trainer Eleanor said to me he is more than ready to compete. So, we did try a couple of shows in 2005 and mainly Sing ran out of the rings to greet Colin.
He was a midi when we started competing, we only did 3 open shows and 2 limited shows in a year then! He got his first ever trophy at Haslemere Limited Show in 2005. He won that Agility class, I remembered there is no weave in the class. I don't know if that is the reason he won or was it because we had Saturn and Titan that made him jealous and he ran faster!!
Then, we met Bernadette at the Sheltie Agility Show in April 2006, watching Zen, Chi and Timmy weaving that lead me pluck up my courage to ask if she can give me some private lessons to sort out Sing's weave. She is a very nice lady and we arranged to go to her to have some weave lessons. So, back to basic where we never know what channel weave and V weave is all about but Sing is a fast learner, he got the idea (but not me!). After 3 lessons, we entered BridgeHouse and amazingly, he won out of Starters! The following week, we competed at Trent Park where he had the Starters Jumping win! That is the best way to end a grade, an agility win and a jumping win.
Well, now I regret that I never have a chance to do Starters Challenge. It is unfair!!

No comments: