Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm back!

I'm back!

Maybe for a little while ... as I planned another visit to my brother again very soon.

It was a fairly long journey for me. I have to transit in Dubai to GuangZhou, it took me nearly 20 hours just to get there! My visit to my brother was very emotional. The first week was awful, he was very poorly then. I have not seen him bleeding non stop before, so I was very frightened. At one day, he was vomitted blood and at the same time passing more blood from his back end, the doctor can't do anything to stop the bleeding and that was the worst!
I wasn't happy at all with the doctors and nurses, they were not sympathetic to any patients and the environment was terrible. The air in GuangZhou is polluted by heavy smokers, everywhere you go, you will see lots of heavy smokers and they smoke and smoke ... even inside the lift!! There is a big non smoking sticker inside the lift but they've just ingnored it!
My brother was placed in the Intensive Care Unit since he checked in to the hospital, you thought he will be well treated and carefully monitor. We were very shocked that just a few days before I left, they put a HIV carrier patient next to him and the doctors and nurses warned us to be careful! We were stunned!
I think they are ridicolous and can you imagine how my brother feels? One night, they moved in a newly operated patient next to him and within half an hour, the patient died of the operated scar being exploded! How frightening was that?
All in all, I thought we were in the very wrong place for the treatment!
The next day after I left, my brother was transferred to another hospital, according to my nephew who is still with his dad, the environment is so much better but the quality of the doctors and medications aren't that good. Finger crossed for a safe transplant!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a very stressful situation. I hope the new hospital works out better for your brother, and that he gets good care there.

I bet Sizzle and the gang were happy to have their mom back home.