Monday, October 20, 2008

Shrewsbury

Well, I've got back on Wednesday afternoon. Again, I have to transit in Dubai, another 20 hours before I arrived safely at Gatwick! I can't wait to feel the fresh air eventhough it was drizzle when I got out of the airport, it is good to be home again and can't wait to see all my boys!

Thank you very much to Bernadette and Dennis who have Sizzle for me and to Jim & Joan who look after the big boys during the day. All the dogs look happy and wonderful!

Before I have a good rest, we left on Friday night to Shrewsbury. I have booked two nights at the Travelodge, shamed that they only allow 2-3 dogs, so Sing, Saturn and Sizzle were on tow. Sizzle was a little star, he travelled so well in the long journey (he actually slept all the way there!). We left home around 7pm, with the heavy trafic and no stop, we arrived at 11pm at the A5 Travelodge. Sizzle again was very good, he didn't mess up at all.

I have never been to Shrewsbury before and I was very surprised to find it a very small friendly show. The show finished at 2:30pm, amazing!!

That was Sing's first Grade 5 show, I think being me away from them and them having a small break, both of them showed a lot of enthusiasm. Sing was a very good boy and he was fast. In his first class, the Grade 5 Jumping, he was too fast into the weave and lost his rythm and came off 9th pole. I knew when he is fast, he will somehow lost his rythm. This happened a few times in the last few shows when I tried to push him for time. Other than that, he was very good, I even trying to do some distance control instead of running next to him.

In the Grade 5 Agility, we cannot have a fast start as it is not straight forward. As I have not been doing agility for three weeks, so I got a bit rusty and didn't handled it well at the beginning, Sing did some wide turns and I think we lost a lot of times there. I am glad that after a break and no agility for three weeks, he still get his beautiful running dog walk. Shamed that we were beaten by o.02 seconds, I would be very happy if he will go up to Grade 6!

I am very happy with Sing's performance, he didn't slow down at all and he was very happy the whole day running around. I think we are up for Grade 5.
my very handsome boy


As for Saturn, due to his condition, he is still not on form, he kepet having some poles down in most of the classes he was entered. He was very happy and enthusiatic, shamed that he knocked two poles down in the pairs with Jean and Scott. Scott went clear. In the Grade 4 Jumping, he came 3rd, not a fast fast round from him but a good round with enthusiasm.


I like the Shrewsbury show, it is like half a sheltie show, they were so many shelties there!


only some of the shelties at the show!!

my little fluffy Sizzle having his adult coat now!! little stunner!!

two love birds ... Sizzle and Breeze (owned and loved by Rachel and Brian Cresswell)

As we finished early, we took the dogs to Wrekin for a good walk; then stop by at a local pub for dinner. I had soup for starter, gosh! That was the best soup I have ever had before but the meal was just a so so, what a disappointment after a great taste of the soup!

Before coming home to London on Sunday, we stop at Poles Coppice and Snailbeach (there is no smail on the beach!!!)/Stiperstone for another walk. We had quite a relaxing weekend, the only downside was I have to leave the other three boys at home!!

Here are some videos from Shrewsbury:


2 comments:

Sara said...

I love the way Sing seems to fly around the course. He is really amazing, and you have trained him so well.

Sizzle is looking so handsome, now that his coat is starting to grow in. I wish they could stay puppies just a wee bit longer though...

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Glad you are back safely Lian, but I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Wow, hasn't Sizzle grown?! Won't be a puppy for long now! They grow too fast!