Sunday, December 28, 2008

the end

I had a very sad Christmas. My very brave brother has lost his battle on the 10th of December, early hours, Malaysian time to liver cancer. He was a great fighter. He spent his last 3.5 months in China waiting for a liver transplant but the Chinese doctors had let him down not only once but many times. He was very poorly and drifted in and out of unconsciousness when I visited him late November. My sister-in-law then decided we could wait no more and arranged to send him home. A very kind and generous doctor (also a friend of my brother) went to China to fly him home, he survived the 4 hours journey on the air with low blood pressure. Sadly, he passed away after 4 hours arriving in Kuala Lumpur.
He was a great son to my mother and a great brother to me! He took the responsibility to look after me and my mum when my dad passed away 27 years ago. We can never asked anyone better than him.
He was a great husband to my sister-in-law and a great father to his three young children.
He was a great boss to all his employees! He was once President to the Rotary Club, he helped raise a lot of money for charities and the poor.
He was a great person to all his friends and family.
He was very successful in life!
He is sadly missed by all of us.

11 comments:

Sara said...

Lian,

I am so sorry for your loss.

That was a beautiful tribute to your dear brother.

May you find comfort in happy memories of him.

Sara

Karen said...

Dear Lian, I am just so sorry, thinking of you and your family much love karen and the gang xxxx

Rosie Ison said...

So very sorry to hear about your brother Lian.
My thoughts are with you.

Rosie x x

L1nG L1nG said...

I can't hold my tears when I read this. Stay strong!!! ***Hugsss***

OBay Shelties said...

Dear Lian and Colin, All our thoughts for you and your family. Your brother was such a fighter! We are glad he made it home.
All our love, Bernadette and Dennis

Chris and Ricky said...

We are so sorry to hear about your brother. Our thoughts are with you......

helenm said...

I was so sorry to hear about Patrick,you did everything to help him.Remember the good times.
Helen xx

Diana said...

Im so sorry for your loss. The tribute was beautiful. Diana

Paula said...

Lian

So sorry to hear about your brother, sounds like he was alovely man and a fighter to the end. Try and remember the good times, it's hard at the moment I know but things do get better, honestly.

Love - Paula

Lorna said...

Lian so sorry to hear about your brother. Hugs from Me and Cadders.

Lorna xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello. We're so sorry for your loss. What a sad and tragic story. Our thoughts are with you.

Josh and Jess

(www.oursheltie.blogspot.com)