Monday, January 19, 2009

Daisy's puppies

Quick update re Daisy's puppies, they are 5 day old today.
Sadly, we lost Daisy's tiny boy just before midnight on Saturday. Poor Daisy was very stressed all day Saturday. As I was at Flyball training and I didn't go around to see her but Jim told me she kept carrying the little one out of her whelping box and dropped him on the floor.
She now has two healthy babies to look after. These two boys are gaining a little of weight everyday. The "white blaze" boy is 7oz now and the "plain face" boy is catching up, he is 6oz.
I was told that Daisy wasn't eating for more than 24 hours, so I pop in this morning to see her and her babies and hand feed her, she happily ate a big bowl of food. I know Daisy likes me and she feels very comfortable with me. I will go again later to feed her.

Daisy with her two sons

two lovely boys at 5 days old

he is a big boy

he is wiggly boy

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sorry to hear about the tiny puppy. That must be hard on everyone, including Daisy.

I am happy to know that the other two boys are healthy and gaining weight, and that Daisy ate some food! The puppies are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

OMG, they look like little hamsters; incredibly sweet!! Sorry to hear that you lost one of the little pups though :(

Diana said...

Daisy looks happy in the picture. Sorry about the small puppy.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry about the tiniest pup....the other two look healthy and happy though. Glad to know you are getting Daisy to eat!

Hooch and troops said...

soo cute Lian..i always believe nature takes care of its own and unfortunately the smallest pup didnt survive...my parents bred labs when i was little and we also lost one of the pups and still to this day remember seeing it in a small cardboard box...

see u soon

xx

Vonnie said...

I love how she is lying legs-a-kimbo, must be a Sheltie thing! Sorry to hear about the pup :( The pups are gorgeous! Hope Daisey continues to keep well and the pups thrive!