Sunday, January 11, 2009

for Sue

This video is for Sue. I would like to take her "challenge" to teach Sizzle to nod, unfortunately I started it wrong in the first place. I used the word "naughty" as a cue for "shake" his head (for NO). I didn't realised that is such a bad word when I was teaching him to shake. No dog would like to be called a "naughty boy" especially a sensitive sheltie, so poor little Sizzle took it very hard. Everytime when I sitting him down and about to ask him for something, he looks pretty miserable, so I am not going to teach him any trick for a little while, hopefully he will forget about the "bad experience" and forgive his bad mummy.
Since Sizzle was the first one I experiment on teaching shaking (and nodding later) and I have learned to pick a cue carefully now. I have Saturn doing this tricks using a better cue (do you think so?).
I've promised Sue, I will get Sizzle to do the nod in a couple of weeks time but for now, please have this:




5 comments:

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

What a fab trick!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Daddy! Saturn doesn't love you :) :) Josh is momma's boy, too. But he can't nod his head just yet.

Sara said...

That was great - it made me laugh.

I wonder will Colin have "his dogs" make a similar video? I bet his dogs would still nod when asked if they love their mommy.

Chris and Ricky said...

That's so cute!!!!! But we do feel bad for daddy.....

Hooch and troops said...

Wow Saturn that is fab..now just teach it to your brother!! u did have me in stitches though :) well done Lian im very impressed...now ill have to think of a new challenge for you!

xx