Friday, January 16, 2009

Reverse

I started to teach Sizzle to walk backward (reverse) yesterday and we are doing fine at the moment. I have started it by walking into him, hoping he will move backward and he did. Of course, everytime I see him move backward I click and treat and he thinks that is a new game and really enjoy it. After about 10 times click and treat and I started adding the cue "verse", I guess he kinda get my message. I am hoping we could improve this by me standing still and no body movement at all and get him to move backward. I know most of the time, he will backward sideway and I am hoping to imrove that slowly.
Here is the little video:

6 comments:

Natasha said...

That's lookin' great!! I've tried to teach Mika and Wall-e to back up, but they usually sit instead. I guess you have to shape it gradually?

~Nat

Anonymous said...

Someone's looking on from the settee, hoping to catch one of those flying treats :)
Sizzle is so cute and clever, we can't get enough of him!!!

OBay Shelties said...

Looks great Lian. He is moving his rear legs really well!

Leanne Hurren said...

This is taking me ages to teach! Can't believe that your other dog just sits and watches - how good!!

Vonnie said...

Lian you make it look so easy! Clever Sizzle! Khandi has a tendancy to sit down instead of going backwards - sometimes she gets it sometimes she doesnt! Not tried it with Ellie yet. Ellie can stand on her hynd legs and twist. I do a lot of HWTM moves with Khandi and have slowly started introducing them to Ellie!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle is looking so good! Glad he got over the "naughty boy" thing!