Monday, January 12, 2009

Run Free, Tikka

We've lost our beautiful silver tabby persian cat Tikka last night.
He was one special cat. He has his very own special character that not many people knows how to appreciate it. To me, he was the most annoying cat with a funny character, he made me laughed at the same time he made me cried too!
He was Colin's cat. When I first him, he was nearly six. Colin used to call me crazy because I took him out on his lilac harness and took him for a car ride to fetch Colin from the station in the evenings. Yes, I treated him like I would treat a dog. I even tried to teach some tricks. He sometimes brought me a dead baby bird or a dead mice but most of the time, he slept soundly.
He was a gentle cat to all the dogs. I remembered we were very worried how to introduce him to Sing when we brought him home but it was never a problem, they both accept each other staright away and they were a good playmate for a long time. He reacted to each sheltie differently, he liked to chase Seagull and Titan, especially when Titan was a tiny boy. They were so funny together, it was like Tikka was chasing a black mice!! The sweetest of all was with Skye. The first day he came home, Tikka jumped in his bed with him and started licking him all over and this carried on for a good few weeks, Tikka was like a mother to Skye. We thought he must have been thinking Skye is the same colour to him, how funny!
Eventhough he was not young anymore but he liked to go out fighthing every beginning of the year and came back with a big cut on his forehead! Colin has to spend about £700 to £800 on the vet bill every year just to satisfy his fighting hobby.

He was stolen two years ago when we went back to Malaysia for a short visit and luckily we've got him back safe and sound.

Just recent years, he went senile sometimes but I think it is normal for an old cat really.

This is the first time I have lost an animal and I took it very hard. I missed his midnight howling. Yes, Tikka has a very bad habit, he liked to start howling from 3am onwards for a little while. I don't know why, I never understand cat! Colin of course is very upset about losing his cat.

Run Free, Tiks. We miss you.


7 comments:

Sara said...

Lian,
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss of Tikka. What a difficult, sad time you have had recently.

Hugs to you,
Sara

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry for your loss. We know you had a hard time recently :( What a beautiful cat he was, we know he'll be sorely missed by all of you. Thinking of you,

Josh and Jess

Diana said...

So sorry for for loss. Will be thinking of you all. Diana

Kerena and Jordan and The Cocker Circus said...

So sad for you. What a sad time you have had. Thinking of you.
Kerena, jordan and the cockers

helenm said...

So sorry to hear about Tikka-what a lovely tribute you have done for him.

Vonnie said...

So sorry to hear the sad news about your cat. Tikka certainly had a fantastic life with you both, one lucky cat!

Heartfelt sympathy
Yvonne, Khandi & wee Ellie

Karen said...

Oh Lian and Colin, I am so sorry :0( love karen and the gang xxxx