Monday, January 26, 2009

this one is for Ricky

In my previous post, I've mentioned about the worried of anaesthetic in shelties, Ricky left a message seeking for advice as his mum is thinking to take him to the vet to get his teeth clean.
I have been using "plaque off" for about three years now and I have seen the changes in my dogs' teeth especially Sing. All my dogs are on "plaque off" beside Sizzle as it suggested not suitable for puppies.
I am a very lazy owner, I am happy to groom them but not very good in cleaning their teeth. I brush their teeth when they were babies so they get used to being tooth brush but when their adult teeth starting to come up and I kinda "forget" to brush their teeth.
I gave half a spoon (the spoon comes inside the bottle) mix with the dog's dinner everyday, when Sing's teeth were full of tartar then, I also clean/tooth brush them once a week, then after his teeth are much better, I didn't clean them anymore but carry on with the "plaque off" and his teeth are in good condition and no tartar build up.

5 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Thanks, Lian! We really appreciate your posting for us - can't believe we've never even heard of this product!

Mom tries to brush my teeth but I keep my mouth shut as much as possible and she can't get in to brush the teeth in the back very well. By the time the plaque is there, it's too late for brushing.

Hopefully Plaque Off will do the trick!

Lian said...

Hope the plaque off works for you Ricky.

It depends how much tartar you have build up already, normally you will see the result in 6-8 weeks but it may take longer so be patient with it.

Daras said...

I can recommend Plaque Off too - all 3 of my dogs are on it. It's MUCH easier than cleaning their teeth! I didn't know you weren't supposed to give it to puppies though - I gave it to my Boxer as soon as she had her adult teeth (and it doesn't appear to have done her any harm - she is 2.5 years old now).

Chris and Ricky said...

We got the Plaque Off stuff today and so I just ate my first meal with it on - it's almost impossible for mom to tell how much is half of a scoop - the scoop is so small!

We read up on the ingredients etc. and couldn't find anything to worry about except for dogs that have hyperthyroidism (they can't have the extra iodine). So we'll wait and see....

Lian said...

Well done Ricky, hopefully you will have a clean teeth after 6-8 weeks on Plaque Off.