Friday, January 02, 2009

To a better year!

We didn't celebrate Christmas this year. There weren't any decorations or presents in the house. The whole household was very quite throughout the holiday season eventhough we have six shelties which one of them is a little mischievous. I have been reading quite a few blogs recently and they all posted some lovely videos of their dogs open up the Christmas presents and I felt very sorry for Sizzle that we have not put up at least a Christmas Tree and a pressie underneath it for him, he spent his first Christmas with nothing coming along his way! I promised next year we will have a great Christmas Tree with a lot of pressies for him. (Note: Uncle Russ & Auntie Kyung gave him a play tunnel which he enjoys popping in and out fetching his ball. Thank you, Sizzle sending slobbery kisses over to you).
Sizzle found a bunny's leg on the walk

We visited my parents in law in Brighton on Christmas Day and spent a peaceful and relaxing Christmas with them. We did a lot of long walks with the boys this holidays, hopefully they will forgive us for not giving them a pressie.
I am still very far behind with all my plans and organisations, let alone my routine but I definitely take all the boys out for a walk at least once a day. One good thing, Colin has now officially claimed Seagull, Titan and Skye to be HIS dogs! This makes me feels a little better because I know I spend less time with them and hopefully Colin will make it all up for them. After all, Seagull & Titan are a real daddy's boy since they were a pup. Skye is a little confuse, he wants to be a mummy's boy!
Everyone is making a list of their New Year Resolutions ... and what are mine? ...
  • Colin is keeping his job so I can continue agilitying!!
  • Saturn's fur is in full bloom again!!
  • tidy up the house! Yes, I am very bad. The house is still in the big mess since we converted the garage.

Sing's resolutions:

Sing diving at Richmond Park

  • mummy will take me swimming everyday, despite the weather!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!
  • mummy never stops throwing the tennis ball in the air for me to catch
  • mummy will take me back to flyball

Seagull's resolutions:

Seagull got a liver cake specially made for him on his 6th birthday

  • dig the dustbin every night when everyone is asleep or at least when mummy is not at home
  • begging for more food each time mummy feeds me
  • begging for more treats each time when mummy gives me only one

Saturn's resolutions:

Saturn caught a phesant while we were on holiday

  • food, food, food ... anytime, anywhere, anything!!!
  • hunt more rabbits!!! and maybe catch the squirrels??? or even a phesant would be good enough!
  • try to get the so call "perfect contact" to make mummy happy


Titan's resolutions:

teaching Sizzle who is the BOSS

  • teach the other black kid who is the boss!!
  • catch that damn squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • and be a couch potato, ah! such a hard life!

Skye's resolutions:

a happy Skye with his squeaky ball

  • more squeaky toy please?
  • can I swim like Sing? mummy said he is good but I think I am pretty good too!
  • agility? not really! unless there is a treat or a squeaky waiting at the end, maybe.

Sizzle's resolutions:

Sizzle: I know I am a handsome boy and attracks a lot of girls in the Common but mummy said I cannot have this westie as my girlfriend!! But she is fun, I like to chase her.

  • chase all the birdssssssssssssssssssss!
  • improve my catching in the air skill
  • mummy told me I have to learn the "weave" but I don't know what is she talking about but I will try whatever if that is to make her happy

and here to a BETTER year!

4 comments:

Sara said...

It is very nice of you to let Colin have his own dogs! Jeff keeps trying, but it never happens. They are all mine, but we only have two.

Maybe that it a good excuse to get more dogs :)

I'm sure the dogs were just happy to be with you this Christmas, and didn't miss the presents at all.

I'm very impressed with Saturn's pheasant!

Anonymous said...

Well, here's to a better year, Lian & Co! I'm sure the guys didn't miss their Christmas presents, they just got a lot of love instead :) I showed the picture of the diving little guy to my husband - our Shelties detest water!

Vonnie said...

Hi, I just love your bloggs they are just so interesting. I am particularly intersted in Zizzle , he is brother to Ellie (Blenmerrow Wishing Star) who I now have in my home. I've set up a blogg too but do not have too much on it just now. You can see more pics of Ellie at my own website (http://www.yvonnegrenfell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/) Would be nice to keep in touch to see how they are both getting on. Sizzle is one clever wee dog, with all the tricks he has learned! He and Ellie are so alike!

Chris and Ricky said...

We love the dogs' resolutions - especially Seagull's food food and more food!

Best wishes for a much better year in 2009!