Monday, February 02, 2009

SNOW, at last!

We have snow! Lots of snow! Plenty of Snow!


It was very cold since Friday, the weather forecast said the wind is coming from Siberian and we will be expecting some snow either this weekend or early next week. The snow finally arrived last evening. I don't know what time it started snowing but we got home from visiting Daisy and her puppies about 6:15pm and it was still clear.
We were having dinner about 7:30pm and I was looking into the garden and saw some white stuff, I can't be sure it was snow as we always predict snow and we kept missing out, I do not want to put up my hope as you all know how much I enjoy snowing.
I have to go into the garden to investigate and making sure it is SNOWING! All the boys ran into the garden and chase around, then the snow was only about an inch deep.
Later around 9pm, I let the dogs out again for their bedtime toilet, the snow was heavier, I stick a measurement stick in to check the dept, it showed 2". Sing, Saturn and Sizzle were crazy tearing around in the garden and wouldn't want to come in at all.
We went to bed early as Colin needs to get to work on Monday, so by the time we woke up this morning at 6:30am, I pulled the curtain and to find out all the window is covering in snow! Blimey! I then took all the dogs out to the garden for their morning routine. Once I open the back door, I saw some snow coming in, it turned out that the snow is higher than the door!!! I quickly find the measurement tape to stick in the ground, it showed 5". I was so excited but I can see little Sizzle struggled to go to toilet!
Poor little boy is only about 12" tall and the snow is deep enough to cover all his legs! He actually CRAWL from the patio into the garden, when he saw Sing and Saturn ran down the garden and he decided he wants to join them so he did this little bunny jump, he is so cute!! Then, the big issue occured! He can't cock his leg to wee!!! When he lifted his leg, his underneath is still in the snow but he did try to wee though. The worst one is he cannot poo! I saw him trying so hard to find a spot to squad down and he was hoping from one spot to another but I can't tell if he managed to poo!
The news said this is the heaviest snow for 18 years. All public transports are not working today! I am not brave enough to drive Colin to the Station this morning and I have somehow persuaded him to work from home. He didn't quite agree with me but he suggested we take the boys out to the Common this morning and maybe go in to work a bit later. By 8am, the snow has increased up to 8" in our front garden, that is just amazing!!!
The boys, especially Sing and Saturn crazy about snow, Saturn kept digging into snow, I don't know what was he looking for but his face was covered in snow that made him looks so cute and handsome! Sing just kept teasing other dogs to play with him and he torn around like a lunatic! I have tried to take photos of him but they came out blurry, so no good for posting!

Saturn is crazy about snow ball, he likes to jump up and catch the snow ball I threw and here is the very cute photo of him! I like his BIG paw!!

another very cute photo of Saturn racing in the snow!

another one of happy Saturn with the two little evil one at background

Seagull was reacting very funny, he loves to go out but today, we need to drag him out from the house!!

these two smaller dogs really struggled walking in the Common, I don't know how deep is the snow but Sizzle and Seagull were the worst, they can hardly walk and their fur were stuck with lots of snow ball!!!!

you can see in this picture that poor little Sizzle is cover in snow balls!!! he looks rather cute but I think the snow balls actually putting him off

my little handsome chap


I also brought my sledge along, so we have some fun sledging with the dogs!!



At the time of posting, it is still snowing outside. I am very happy but Colin is getting worried that he may not be able to go to work again tomorrow, he is a real workaholic! Emmmm ... if this snow is not stopping, we may ended up 12" later!!! WOW! Fantastic!!! I better charged up camera to go hunting for more photos later!!!

Colin, the Shelties rescuer!

I nearly forgot to post this photo! Sizzle and Seagull were struggling to walk due to the snow balls built up on their fur. Seagull is a sissy, so he just hated wet and snow; as for Sizzle, some snow balls were so big and heavy, he just couldn't walk any further so their daddy has to go and rescue them!







8 comments:

Diana said...

Thats a lot of snow! When I was 14 yr old, my dad was working in England. My brother and I went to visit him. When it was time to go home on the plane it was snowing like crazy. Sorry, but I hated England. ( thats anohter story). I was sitting on the plane and they had to de-ice the plane 3 times. I didnt care, I just wanted to go home. Now, I would have gotten off and said, " Ill fly another day". Ha!! Love all the snowy dog pictures. diana

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Wow Lian that looks like great fun!! Colin should relax and enjoy it!!

It started snowing here just after I got to work and is gradually getting heavier!! I go home in an hour and I cannot wait, Mannix and Smudge have never even seen snow!! Hopefully it is sticking so I can go and walk them in it!! x

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Wonderful pictures! We only got a light dusting here.
~Dee

Hooch and troops said...

fab photos..little sizzle looked very much like Hoochie!

Great to have snow to play in for a bit..all of mine love it and like u i managed to get to the common today for a lovely walk..it was like Narnia!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all that snow! Poor little Sizzle, he had to be rescued by his big strong Daddy :) Love the photo of him with all the snowballs hanging off his fur.

Josh and Jessie

Sara said...

I'm so happy you got such a deep snow!!!! I know you have been wanting some to play in.

The photos were wonderful. I have never seen such huge snow balls on dogs' fur. It must have been due to the temps.

Enjoy!

Sara said...

Your snow storm made our local news tonight, but our newscasters were making jokes about how poorly equipped London was to handle the storm - shutting down public transport! Yes, we are used to snow in this part of the world, and have all the heavy equipment to move it around quickly.

I say you all deserved the day off to play with your dogs! Saturn sure looks like he had the most fun.

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - look at all that snow!!!! Love the photos and the video - we're happy that you finally got your snow! (Wish we could get rid of our's!) I can't believe the size of the snowballs on the dogs' fur! I get little ones on my ankles but have never experienced anything like the big ones. Must be very difficult to walk with them stuck in your fur.