Thursday, April 30, 2009

my poorly baby

My baby Sizzle is poorly!
He was absolutely fine last evening as we went Flyball training at 6:45, he was dashing about, learning to trigger the box (he actually trigger the box "accidently" twice!), he was full of himself, not slowing down. This morning, we woke up to find some vomit on the kitchen floor, I kinda remember he came to scratch me in the middle of the night (this normally means he asked to go out as I have not teach him to use the dog flap yet). To confirm it was him that was sick, he actually sick again in the morning, he then went to lie down on the grass. I thought he just enjoyed a bit of the sun in the morning.
Anyway, I took him with Sing & Saturn to Pachesham, our club training this morning. I usually arrived 15 minutes early so the dogs get to do a short toilet trip in the wood. He was running into the wood with Sing and Saturn then suddenly stop. To me, it looked very funny. Sizzle is a livewire, he nevers stop. I thought he hurt himself or something so I check on him but cannot see any injury or cut but he refused to walk and he stand in a funny position. I picked him up and carry him around.
When I ran Saturn in our first class, I can see and hear him barking mad in the car everytime I ran Saturn, when Saturn's class over, I pop him back in the car to find out Sizzle has been sick many times all over the car boot. I clean up the mess and he looked quiet, so I carry on with Sing's class. When Sing's class was over, I have noticed Sizzle is very quiet and tired. I thought maybe he just a bit weak from all the sick. Normally I would stop at Oxshott Common for a walk but I decided I will go home.
Sizzle normally sit at the car boot area but he wanted to sit next to me, that was good as when I was driving home, I have noticed that he slept too well. I tried to wake him up but he didn't response so I got very worried and pulled the car on the hard shoulder. I tried to wake him up again and he did open his eyes after I gently shake him. I quickly rang my vet for an emergency appointment. Luckily Kevin hasn't got any operation today so we got to see him within an hour's time.
On the way to my Vet, I can see he was in discomfort, he can't settle down at all. Kevin check on him but he didn't show any sign of tense in the abdomen (I thought it got something to do with his stomach); then it got me worry more as Lungworm seems to be the big issue now and normally young dogs got it. Kevin suggested a blood test and admitted him for a few hours to put him on a drip.
I was very anxious waiting for the phone call, so I took Sing and Saturn for a walk and bounced into another uncontrollable dog which I mentioned in my earlier post. I rang Kevin at 4:30 to find out how my little boy is, he told me he is on Intravenous Fluid and he is fine and he can come home tonight but I need to bring him back tomorrow morning for another check up.
So, baby Sizzle is at home with me now. He is very quiet and weak. I am keeping him away from the others but Sing and Saturn are with him so he won't feel alone. He looks very tired and weak. Vet said no solid food until he sees him tomorrow but I need to give him the Glutalyte often and little.
More update tomorrow!
This means no agility for Sing and Saturn this weekend and no Flyball for Sizzle too! Who cares! I want my bouncy baby back!

9 comments:

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Ah lian, I hope poor sizzle feels better really soon. There is nothing more frightening than when one of your dogs is so poorly.

Get well soon Sizzle!! xx

Diana said...

Poor Sizzle. We keep positive thoughts coming your way. Diana

Vonnie said...

Sizzle get better soon! At least you acted quick Lian. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing, as he was OK. The drip gives them a new lease of life so that would help him. We are the same when we feel off colour, just want to sleep quietly and can't be bothered with anyone. I know the "worry" you will be feeling, as I am the exact same. His big bros will look after him. I'm sure Sizzle will be getting plenty TLC from all his loved ones! Ellie & Khandi send big wet sloppy licks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor Sizzle, we rooting for him x

Sara said...

Oh Lian, I'm so sorry Sizzle is sick. It is so hard to see them like that, especially when they are usually so bouncy and lively.

We are sending healing thoughts and hugs your way.

Love, Sara, Misty & Oreo

Chris and Ricky said...

We're so sorry to hear that little Sizzle is sick! We hope he makes a quick recovery - we'll be thinking about you and him and waiting to hear more news.

Lorna said...

Poor Sizzle - hope he is on the mend soon, Lorna x

Briggsi said...

Really sorry to hear about Sizzle and hope that he will be up and running very soon.

Jordan's K9s said...

Hope Sizzle recovers soon. X