Saturday, May 02, 2009

Sizzle is better!

I woke up this morning with a wet nose on my face! Yes! My little sunshine was licking me all over, the way he does every morning when he wakes up! I straightaway know this little man of mine is feeling better. HooRay!
It was 6am on a Saturday morning, I am more than happy to wake up early knowing Sizzle has bounced back. I took him to toilet, he did a wee but no poo. I fed him a small amount of his normal food and then gave him 10ml of Glutalyte, then one hour before going to see the vet, I fed him another small amount of food and another 10ml of Glutalyte. I have to say he is eating very well. All in all, he has 5 small meals today. No more vomitting, No more diarrhoea!
Normally Sizzle march in to the vet like a troop but this morning he was a bit nervous. I can't blame him, I think he thought I am going to leave him there again, three jabs + a few hours drip a day is definitely too much for my poor little boy. He was trembling while waiting to be seen, I need to give him a cuddle to calm him down. It was very crowded in the vet this morning, there were a few families, all with cats. Sizzle was sitting on the floor like a saint, all the people there told me how well behaved he was. Well, I am not sure he will be sitting still if he is his normal self!

Sizzle: Daddy, can I have that piece of bacon, please?

Kevin wasn't on duty today, there was a lady vet there. She checked him toroughly and she was happy with him. She did gave him two injections and some antibiotics to be taken. I don't know this vet at all but I guess she is inexperience injecting the dog because she asked me if I am nervous when she injects Sizzle, I told her NO, so she showed me how to handle Sizzle while she perform the injection. I thought that is a bit funny as normally Kevin just injected while we were chatting. Anyway, I tried to hold Sizzle the way she wants me to hold and I guess she was being very careful and when she slowly put the needle into Sizzle's skin, Sizzle jump! I jump too! At the end, she has to ask a nurse to come in to hold Sizzle. Bless my little baby, he was very good when received two horrible jabs! No yelp at all.
Sizzle is definitely look so much brighter today, he is a little active than the last couple of days but I still try to rest him as much as possible. Thanks to everyone who sends cuddles and kisses, that definitely make him feels better! Sizzle is returning a big slobbery kiss to all xxx.








8 comments:

Sara said...

Sizzle is looking much better in the photos. No more long, sad face :)

I'm sure he'll be feeling even better tomorrow. Hopefully he lets you sleep a bit later though!

Chris and Ricky said...

Oh, what a relief! Thank goodness Sizzle is better! He looks so much better in the photo! Thanks for sharing the good news with us!

dannah said...

Sounds good! Hope your Sheltie gets better everyday. By the way, did you by chance see this article about Zootoo’s shelter makeover? http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-12-zootoo-shelter-clash_N.htm

Natasha said...

Yay!! Glad Sizzle's feeling so much better! He just has the cutest little face.

~Nat

Diana said...

Yea Sizzle!! We are so happy you are feeling better. Diana

Anonymous said...

Have only just seen this-am so glad he's better,bless him,what a panic he gave you! Love Helen,Kane,Jarna,Luna,Eko x

Vonnie said...

Good to hear Sizzle is on the mend! it's such a worry when their not their wee self. He looks alert in the pics and of course handsome as ever! What a good boy he was at the vets! Big licks!

Briggsi said...

Glad to hear that Sizzle has recoverded. Wow, that was some breakfast, surley Colin managed to spare some for the wee man?!!!!!!!!!