Monday, May 18, 2009

"spider" sheepdog!

Sorry this is a silly title! Ever since Colin read the post of Sizzle fell flat on the A Frame last week at training (if you remembered I said Sizzle was like a spider), he now call him "spider" as his nickname!
he is a handsome spiderman!
Now, what about "sheepdog"? Sizzle has a real funny character. I had trouble teaching him to weave a while ago, so I took Saturn out to show him how to weave and he just copied what Saturn did but in speed! I've just realised that I have a cloth tunnel lying around in the garden, hardly been used, so maybe this is the time I should introduce him a new equipment. We don't do cloth tunnel at club but I know mostly at show, there is a cloth tunnel in each class. I always start with the usual way, lifted the end of the cloth tunnel and call him (it is hard when I am on my own, the only way is to get him to stay in front of the tunnel and recall), he came through SLOWLY, after a few times, I really wasn't happy about it. Later, I've got Sing and Saturn with him out in the garden. I starting to send the big boys into the tunnel and he just followed his big brothers in speed! YeeHa!
I thought it was great, so I did a few more cloth tunnel with three of them at once, my cue word for the cloth tunnel is "push" (for Sizzle only). Then, I got Sing and Saturn to stay and let Sizzle did it on his own. He didn't hesitate, he really is push through it so fast. Today, we had another go at the cloth tunnel and YES, he push through it with no problem and in great speed when he was coming down the line.
Colin said he is like a sheepdog, I asked him why. He said normally a baby sheepdog is copying what his mum is doing, so Sizzle is coying Sing & Saturn, he is a real sheepdog then?
learning to PUSH
I like this picture, did you see Saturn? Sizzle is very keen. Once he learns, he is confidence and do it in speed, poor Saturn got stuck behind!

The above picture: Sizzle is not a food orientated dog, we always have some trouble using some treats at training. He only likes good food like Roast Beef/Roast Ham/Roast Chicken (not the boil chicken!) but he loves his usual dog food so much. He is quite a fast eater too. Sing is the slowest among all the dogs. Sizzle always eyed on Sing's bowl after his gulp down all his food.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh I love the photo of Saturn's head peeking out! That is how Misty learned - by following Oreo...

Diana said...

I love the chute pictures. Diana

Anonymous said...

Jessie is a slow eater as well. When I'm not careful Josh will come over and 'help' her with her food :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Hey, I really needed Sing and Saturn's help when I was learning the chute! Sizzle learned it so "sizzling" fast!

Vonnie said...

Brill pics! Love the one with Saturn's snout just in sight! :) Sizzle is a clever and very handsome boy! Khandi finds the cloth tunnel too much of an effort LOL! get's there though! Like you we don't do enough of the it at training! Another trait like his sis then, with eating his food! I've to guard Khandi's food from Ellie! WTG wee Sizzle! x