Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturn

We went to Axstane Agility Show today, more about the agility news later ... I was catching up with some agility friends that I only seen at agility shows. As this is my 2nd show of the year, so there are a lot to catch up. One thing, almost everyone that have seen Saturn runs told me he is not as fast as he was before ... he only have half the speed! I must admit I feel the same. I knew he lost his speed since he had the biopsy operation last July, nearly a year ago now! I know Saturn has his contacts problem but he is a Helter Skelter, Steeplechase type of dog, he will dash and take all the obstacles in front of him eventhough I was far behind. Unfortunately, that has now become history. I am hoping he will have his speed back after a few months but I know this probably is the end of his era. I am feeling very sad. I did tried to send him to his food pot to train for his speed (with no jumps, just the dash) and Sing easily beat him to it! I guess there is no more serious agility with him. Honestly, I am feeling very sad today!
clever Bracken and clever Saturn got a 2nd (out of 105 pairs) again at the Eukanuba mini/mixi pairs at Axstane today. You can see from Saturn's face, he is not very happy. Since he has the biopsy operation, I sometimes see a very sad faces on him.

7 comments:

Diana said...

Do you think Saturn is hurt? Maybe he has scar tissue that is pulling when he runs. But Im not sure how you would find that out. But half the speed he was, makes you think injury or something medically is wrong. Diana

Natasha said...

Aww :( That must be hard...I would feel sad too...hang onto the moments you had. Hopefully it'll come back, you never know! Maybe he just needs some more time, don't lose hope :)

~Nat

Sara said...

Lian,
I'm sorry you are feeling sad. I know how much you love your dear boy Saturn, and I'm sure it is hard for you to see that he is not his usual self.

Talk to your vet, see what he has to say.

Chris and Ricky said...

We feel very sad along with you - maybe it's not time to give up hope though. You never know - Saturn might surprise you!

Vonnie said...

Awww Lian I know how you feel! Why not get Saturn checked out just incase he has an underlying injury. He has a face like Khandi - as if he has a heavy weight on his shoulders, a worrier! At least he wona a lovely rosie with Bracken - so he can't be that bad at agility! I think he is lovely to watch! :) Keep going with him remember Agility is fun!

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Wow Lian you have been so busy!! It has been ages since I looked at any blogs - what a lot of updates!!

I'm glad little Sing-let is doing so well. He looks like a lovely boy. Whoever he goes to will be very lucky :)

Well done on going into G6 with Sing! You must be very proud :)

It was good to see you again!!

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Oh and of course - well done in Belgium. But I guess that goes without saying!! Glad you enjoyed it!