Monday, July 06, 2009

another not so successful agility weekend

As both Sing and Saturn are not 100% fit, Sing still have a little ache on his back from the tumbled tunnels at Axstane and Landsdown and Saturn's dewclaw is still raw. I was thinking NOT TO go to Wellingborough. Matt had told me in advance that he is not available to do the Eukanuba pairs due to office moving, that gave me more reason not wanted to go but Sing was supposed to pair with Kodak and I can't let Amanda and Kodak down, so we decided to go anyway. Wellingborough is about 2.5 hours drive for us, this means we have to wake up at 4:45 to get ready to leave at 5:30am.
Eventhough I have entered all the classes for Sing & Saturn but I wasn't going to do all. The Tunnel Vision Jumping and Eukanuba pairs were the two classes to start first. I've walked the two classes and they were both easy flowing classes and I decided I will run Saturn so I went to the secretary tent to look for a last minute partner for Saturn. Luckily I have my mobile number wrote down on the list because they won't annouce the message when someone was looking for me. Anyway, while I was wondering why nobody wanted to pair with me as the class is about to start, I've received a call from Barbara asking me to pair with her, WooHoo!! Just as I say yes to her, I bounced into two other shelties friends who were also looking to pair with me!!! I feel so sorry to turn them down but then later I found out Amanda and Kodak weren't there, so I managed to grab hold of Arley at the very last minute (the class had already started!) and thank God Wendy also found a partner for herself. Everyone is happy!
As the admin made a mistake on the Eukanuba pairs, so they were not running accoding to the numbers, they were going to do all the Small/Large pairs then Small/Medium pairs. I thought I will run Sing and Saturn in the Tunnel Vision first. For some reason, both Sing and Saturn broke their start line stay, arrggghhh ... I never had this problem for a long long time and they did gave me a shocked! Eventhough Saturn showed he was very keen to go but he wasn't really power on, I put it down to his raw dewclaw.
In the Eukanuba pairs, Saturn pairs have to go before Sing's pairs. It was a fast flowing course, I never dream of doing well in this class and for a change, the small dog goes before the Medium/Large dog, this means, I cannot do a wait start. Luckily this is an easy start (4 straight jumps into tunnel but with difficult weave entry). I wasn't worry about Saturn's weave entry as I know I can trust him to find the entry but I was really worry about Sing. These two boys always did me proud, they both went clear in their part, the only downside from them is they both lost a gear!
Saturn's last minute pair partner was Barbara & Tally, Barbara has an apricot poodle Leo but she was running Miranda's Tally, a tiny tri sheltie. Those who knows Tally, he went like a rocket, very scarry speed! We came 10th (out of 90+ pairs) in this pair.
Sing and I managed to grab Arley and Todd for our last minute partner, considering Arley didn't walk the course, they were doing marvelous for coming fast and clear. We came 13th (out of 90+ pairs) in this pairs.
Great thanks to Barbara & Tally and Arley & Todd for pairing with me and Saturn & Sing. It was such great fun running with you guys!
The weather was ok on Saturday, part cloudy, part sunny but still quite humid. I was about to go home after these two runs. Colin and I went for a lunch and they got the Agility class ready for walking. I thought I will run Sing in there to prove he gets his running contacts once again. It was a combined 3-5 class and there were about 50+ dogs. I wasn't aim for anything so I ran Sing casually, I didn't even push him and we came 5th! I was happy that he got his running dog walk once again with perfect two front paws hitting the contact area. That's my aim. The entry to the dog walk was a little dodgy but I managed to do a front cross before the dog walk and turning right at the end, for me it was a good achievement! I know I have to work harder for a sharp turning after the dog walk and different entry to the dog walk. It was quite an ineresting class, a couple of pull throughs!! Colin forgot to turn the camera on, so the start is a jump to weave start.
As we finished the agility, the Jumping was about to start so I stay for that. Unfortunately, Saturn for the first time, he refused to work! I was shocked! I never have a problem with Saturn not wanting to work for me esepcially in the Jumping class. I put it down to the heat plus his dewclaw, so I pull him out straightaway. Sing didn't do well either. I like to go clear with him but for some reason we can't get the snake right! It not like him, he normally take my body language well. Maybe these boys need a good rest!
and here is our weekend runs:

3 comments:

Sara said...

Looked successful to me Lian! Great runs!

Diana said...

You guys look really good in the video. Good job. Hopefully Sing and Saturn will be back to thier old self soon. Diana

Vonnie said...

Very well done, some lovely runs there! WTG Sing & Saturn!

Hope there injuries are healing!