Friday, August 07, 2009

the girls

The girls are three days old, nothing much to report, they are thriving, all suckling well, put up average of 20z each since birth; mama Samber is a leisure girl, once the babies are asleep, she will leave her nest to investigate what the boys are doing but once she hears the babies whimpering, she will jump in the box within second!

look like we have another PAW puppy!! (I miss Zap!!!) This must be from Sing!
proud mama Samber and her baby girls

the girls
Last night, we went to Weatherspoon pub for our usual Thursday Curry Club night. We invited Russell and Kyung. The girls were born on Russell's birthday and he emailed me to say he wanted to name the girls. Well, we know Russell too well, mmm ... brothers is always brothers. What do you think he will name the girls? I told him no "Spock" because they are girls! He actually suggested a few nice names such as Leona (after the star sign Leo) but I immediately think of Leona Lewis, so I told him No No! He then said he had three beers on his birthday, Ash, Banana & Pedigree, arrrggghhh ... I cannot call the girl "Banana"!!! If I have a tri girl, I don't mind the name "Ash", "Pedigree" sounds silly, so No No again!
After few more beers, Colin and Russell gave me more silly names!!! But after I told them Samber has her puppies in the garage, well not really a garage anymore. We converted our garage into an extra room last year for my nephews to study but they never use it as a study room so I soon took over for my Sheltie Room! I raised Sizzle in there, so Sizzle knows that is his play room. I have a baby gate put up by the door, everytime when Sizzle wants to play, he will scratch the baby gate to ask to go in. He thinks that is a special room for him.
Anyway, back to our naming story. These brother came up with some excellent names ... Mercedes, Porsche and Ferrari!!! How good are they?
so now, we are going to introduce you the girls with names:
this is first born girl, Mercedes.

this is second born girl, Porsche.

and the thrid born girl, Ferrari. Ferrari hates photo taking, I can never get a photo from the front, she always rotating!!





6 comments:

Jordan's K9s said...

Soooooo cute, I love puppies x
You must be very proud of Zap he looks full of himself.

Sara said...

Love the names!

Jeff says he has the perfect convertible to drive Mercedes around in:)

They are precious.

Diana said...

The puppies looks so much the same right now. They are all very cute. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Those are very good names for the girls! The "paw" thing is adorable - looks like she wants to give someone a high five!

Lian said...

Hi Sara,

Tell Jeff I love to send Mercedes over to him!!

Lian

Vonnie said...

Samber looks so chilled! Good to hear she goes away from the pups and then returns when needed! Trust men to think of makes of cars for names. They do get away with them being girls! Aww I miss Zap too! Hope the new owner passes on pics of him growing up!