Wednesday, August 12, 2009

this and that; here and there ...

I have been quite busy this week, I have a list of jobs to do before going away to Kennel Club International Agility Festival tomorrow. For the last couple of years, I got myself very uptight about this big agility event, I got nervous and uneasy the whole week before the event but this year, I was calm and got myself busy doing something else, Colin asked me: Are you sure we are going to this KC Festival tomorrow? He can't believe I didn't metion about the KC Festival at all.
I must admit I've got my see-saw out to get Saturn on it as he is a bit "naughty" on the see-saw lately, as soon as the see-saw tip, he will leap off and many times, we got marked for that. I also tried to refresh his "touch" on the A Frame and Dog Walk. I've entered him in the Novice Cup and I am hoping we will get into the Final on Saturday afternoon. I know we will do well in the Jumping round; if I can get him to go CLEAR in the Agility round, we might stand a chance, hopefully, finger crossed!
Sing for the first time is competing in the British Open Cup, that sounds serious! I am hoping he will put up a gear and go clear in both Jumping and Agility, I don't think we will get into the Final as there are too many fast dogs and we are going to gain the experience, hopefully they will set up a nice handling course.
Sizzle got very jealous seeing me training Saturn in the garden, he barked and barked and barked, so he had a 2minutes training on the contacts but today we had a disaster! I train Sing and Saturn with treats but Sizzle with toy. I can't find his usual small tennis ball, so I've found a fleece rope hard tennis ball. To make sure he got his running dog walk, I chuck the ball after seeing him hitting the contact area, so today my chucking skill went wrong, the ball landed on his face, he yelped loudly! I don't know if the ball hit his face or eye but he was yelping for a little while and avoiding the ball, I gave him some arnica and rest him.
poor little Sizzle after the ball disaster!!! hope he forgives me when he wakes up.
One of my jobs in the list is to build a whleping box. The whelping box that Gem and Samber are using is a borrow one. I determine I will make one for the girls, so I went to B&Q on Monday to buy the wood and start my DIY skill.
I am quite happy with my DIY skill
since I have some wood left over, I decided to make a baby dog walk for the girls when they are old enough to play with but I think they look a bit too big for them, arrrggghhh ...


While I am away at the KC Festival, my mum and nephews are going to look after the girls for me, we are taking all the boys with us, eventhough Samber is dying to come along but she has to stay behind to look after the babies. I have a feeling by the time we come back on Sunday, the girls have open their eyes!

Samber is a good mama, she is keeping the girls very clean!
I have been traying to handle the girls separately, one of my usual handling is turn the girls over:

Mercedes, she is chilled and just slept in this position until I move her again!

this is Ferrari, another chilled girlie, this is her favourite position
well, Porsche is not so chilled, she is a little monkey, she keeps moving around:

this picture looks like she is doing gymnastic!!!

my other way of handling is to move the girls around, not just to stick to the whelping box only.

Ferrari on the left, Mercedes on the right. Funny enough, Sing & Samber has the plain face, where does this white blaze come from?

Ferrari in her favourite position again

beautiful girl, Mercedes

Porsche knows she is a shetland sheepdog and chose the right colour, the sable! What a clever girl!!


2 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck this weekend!! Hope Sizzle was not mad when he woke up (he looks pitiful there while he's sleeping)! And the puppies are, of course, gorgeous!

Diana said...

wow you have been busy. Great job on the DYI stuff. You even put a door on the box. WhooHoo. The puppies are just so cute.

Poor Sizzle. Ive done stuff like that before. Im sure Sizzle will forgive you. Diana