Wednesday, October 28, 2009

sad

I rang the police again, I am not a patient person, I would like to get things done there and then, I hate waiting! I managed to speak to the police operator and she put me to my loval police station. I gave my statement through the phone and asked them to send someone here to have a look.
After an hour, I've got a phone call from the Police, they asked me a few more details questions regarding the caravan. The Crime Scene Investigator turned up pretty soon after I spoke to the Officer. He spent an hour working on the "crime scene", taking finger prints, blood, checked everything inside and outside of the caravan, taking photos ...
I also got to speak to my neighbour, she said she and her husband heard someone very loud and noisy in the front garden last night, maybe between 2am - 4am. I don't know if that is a clue.
The Investigator can't find any finger prints on the window, the interior wall inside the caravan are not smooth so it is harder to find finger prints too. The only evidence they could take is the blood from the door and on the bed. Then, later, he found a bunch of key with a TV remote control as a keychain not far away from the caravan. He wasn't sure about that but I told him that is definitely not belong to us, so he took it in as well.
Just before he left, he told me to use glove and strong detergent to clean the caravan, because he is worried about the blood, just in case the person who left it carries hepatitis. That got me worried more!! I don't think I would want the blanket with the blood, I would prefer to chuck it away!! YUK!!
Hopefully, I will get the result from the Police as soon as possible!!
One thing, when the police called me back this morning, she did ask if I would like consult. Well, when I got my brand new mobile stolen from home many years ago (we had a plumber in then), I reported to the police, they also asked me if I need consultancy. I think our police are funny!! I don't want any consultancy, I want PROTECTION!!!
If you remember a couple of weeks ago, I said I was sad? Well, I felt uncomfortable to live in this area anymore. When we moved in about 6 years ago, it was very quiet and peaceful. Eventhough we live by the main road but the traffic isn't very bad or busy all the time. There is only a certain time when it is busy for half and hour and that's it. The neighbourhood is safe and friendly. The Common is only 3 minutes walk from home, it is a fantastic location for us.
I guess it all started about 3 years ago when the Common got disturbed by the yobs. They raced motorbike on the Common. Saturn and I got nearly ran over by the biker when he was about 5/6 months old! I challenged the biker by standing on the track to stop him from racing through the track as Sing, Seagull, Saturn and Titan were behind me! Every Summer, about 5pm, they will be a group of biker, all young kids with their bikes riding on top of the hill then race down the hill where the pond is. I go out three times a day to the Common in the Summer so many times we were so close to get run over by them. I rang the police when I saw them but the police nevers turn up or when they turn up with their siren on, those kids had gone!
Then, last two years, there were a lot of burnt cars left in the Common. I don't know how they drove the car into the Common. Well, the gates are lock and there is no easy way to drive the car into the Common. We always found one burnt car every week! It is very unpleasant. I have taken some photos but I am too lazy to find them.
Then, gypsies camping on the Common!! You can't imagine the mess and rubbish they created!! The council blocked off the road where they camp with big cement blocks but they still be able to park their caravans on the road!! Walking the dogs are not easy!
Just recently, people started to use the Common as a houshold dump! See photo below:
To me, this kid's bike looks new:


We haven't have any serious crime happened to us (touch wood!) but we do have druggies tried to break into our back garden and kids as well. Our two doors on the left, it was a petrol station before when we first moved in here. Then, they demolish it. The gypsies quickly moved in with their caravans, so we had a few months of hell life next to them. They slept during the day and sang/shout during the night. They dump their rubbish in our garden and made shits everywhere! It was very nasty and walking the dogs pass them was a nightmare!!
Finally, they got kicked out and they develop the place into flats. During the contruction period, we have some druggies slept in there during the night and they climb over the fence and start intruding our back garden. It was quite scarry at that time but luckily it didn't last as Sing and Seagull were very alert, their bark probably had scared him off, instead he broke into our neighbour!!
Then, another time, I woke up one Sunday morning to find a black kid standing at the bottom of our garden. We had a very long garden, 180 foot. I was very stupid then, I saw him from the kitchen window, instead of sending all the dogs down in the garden to frigten him, I lock all the dogs in and went to confront him myself in my pyjamas!!! Luckily he was very frightened of me and ran off after I show my aggressiveness towards him!!
I hope the police can restore the peaceful of this area, I do like where I live, so convenient to take the dogs for walkies!!
Also, I forgot to mention, we have two bicycles stolen from the train station. My nephews ride the bicycles to park at the train station so they can go to Universities by train, by the time they came back, there were gone!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

So sorry about all the problems. In my neighborhood they are taking our mail out of our mailboxs when the red flag is up. Then they wash your check and reuse it to write themselves money. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Well it doesn't sound like the police did much to help you. I sure hope they start protecting your neighborhood - it is not right to have to be afraid in your own house!

Vonnie said...

Oh Lian, so sorry to hear about your caravan! People nowadays have no respect!Hope the police manage to do something, there always the same! When it comes to catching the "real" criminals! Shame you've had to put up with a lot where you live, hopefully your turning a corner and harmony will be restored! :)