Friday, January 08, 2010

My little Swiss holiday

The weather is still pretty cold over here, about 1c during the day and -3c to -5c at night. The snow is still powderly in the Common, that makes the walk much easier but the shelties still catch the tiny snowball on their feet! Saturn hates to have thing hanging on his foot, so every now and then he will stop to try to chew the snowballs off his feet.

Colin said to me this morning: You don't need a skiing holiday, here you are, plenty of snow to play with! So, this morning I thought should I bring my little sledge with me to the Common? No, I didn't. I was worried that there will be still children around and taking the dogs and tagging a sledge along the street is quite embarrassing!

We went to the hilly bit of the Common today, it wasn't as beautiful as the Seven Islands I went to for the last few days. We got to do some proper walk, climb a few hills. Luckily it is still quite snowy, so the uphill isn't too slippery, I can managed with a steady walk, so today's walking is on the slow pace.

I found a lot of broken sledges that people dump in the Common, you can see how bad people are! There were also a lot of other stuff that people use to sledge on, like the black bin bag, tarpaulin, a piece of flat plastic tray, I even found a caravan window!!!

I found a nice broken sledge, it was a very thin plastic that kiddie rides on, only the edge is broken, so the edge is very sharp but if I am careful I will be alright. So, there we go ... Lian go sledging! WooHoo! This is my little Swiss holiday with the dogs! How wonderful is that? I took Sing, Saturn, Sizzle and Titan with me today. I know these four dogs are very good to keep up with me so I can do whatever I want and they will keep their eyes on me. The shelties went crazy when they saw me sledging, the first time I am faster than them! Hahaha ...

But one thing, I chose the wrong hill! I thought with my heavy bottom, I will find the most slippery one to sledge on, then I can just zoommmm. Well, I did zoom, UNCONTROLLABLY! Sorry, no video, no photo. I was on my own and I can't possibly take a photo of myself sledging! And luckily I didn't because the ending is quite a disaster!


can you see the hill in the photo above? It probably didn't look too steep at all but it is steep to certain extend. I was coming down so fast, no control, no grip, I have no handle to stir the sledge, the shelties were chasing me ... and what did you see on the right hand side of the photo? ... a POND! Luckily it was frozen solid, so I was ok eventhough I have to end up in there!!!


to cheer me up, here are the snowy photos taken today:

my handsome boy, he always make a lovely photo in the snow


just to show you, I DETERMINED to change, I have been throwing the tennis ball on the ground for Sing to fetch instead of my old habit, throw it high in the air for him to catch.


for those who loves Sizzle


these tri colour make a good contrast in the photo


catch me if you can ...


... continue ... never stop chasing!








5 comments:

Vonnie said...

LOL! Your mad Lian! If only there had been a pic of you!

The crows are just about as big as Sizzle! Ellie is the same!

Great pics as always, good to hear your enjoying it!

Your header is lovely!

Sara said...

More wonderful photos! We are getting fresh snow everyday here. Jeff is grumbling about having to clear the driveway, but the dogs are loving it!

Diana said...

Ok, you are just to crazy. Sleding down a hill without anyone else. What if something happened to you. But Im quiet sure the shelties thought it was a great game. Im glad you had fun. Diana

Jordan's K9s said...

Lian, I agree with Diana, what if anything should happen :-( glad you had fun and shared your story. LOL!

Chris and Ricky said...

I have to agree that you were crazy to go down that hill on a broken sled alone! Thank goodness you didn't end up in the frozen water. Glad that you had fun though!