Wednesday, January 06, 2010

a snowy day and a peanut butter chocolate!

I woke up very disappointed this morning, we haven't have the 10cm of snow that the weatherman promised. We had some snow, not even an inch and definitely didn't cover every bit of the garden but the shelties are very happy. They ran round around for good 10 minutes.

We didn't get out for our morning walk until 11:30am. I have to go to hospital to collect my elderly friend Jim who is still undergoing some chemos to treat his cancer. Luckily the roads were clear and we didn't get stuck in traffic but the car skidded a couple of times. Some small roads were sloshy but all the main roads are clear.

By the time I got home and get the shelties out, it started to snow again, so we have a lovely snowy walk in Mitcham Common today. The Common was very busy, crowded with lots of people, especially parents with kids and their sledges.

We couldn't do our non-stop walk or the hill walk today, the Common was too crowded and everyone wants to say hello to the shelties, so each time I started my WALK, I got to stopby by kids and their parents because they said: Oh, look, lovely dogs! And you know what? All my shelties are friendly and they happily go to say hello to everyone. Hill walk? Nuh, all the hills are covered by parents and children with their sldeges! No chance! So, I got to practice my photo skill:













The snow didn't stop since 11am, it is not heavy, just light dust but it has been snowing for hours ... then, at 3pm, we have a blizzard, it went on for 40 minutes, then back to light dust again. If stops at 5pm but every now and then, it snow again ... I think we have about 3 inches of snow now. Still not a lot. I wish we have a heavy snow and it stays, that would be very pretty.

Our Council put some salt grit on the pavement outside our house this morning. I think they tried to melt the snow/ice already on the pavement. I didn't think that is a problem until I got the dogs out. First, Sizzle was limping, he would not put one of his front paw down, he kept lifting it and hoop around. I tried to brush that paw and make him walk again; then Samber showed the same sign, she lifted a front paw, I did the same to her, and encouraged her to walk; soon, Saturn was the same. I started to think the salt grit must have bother them. As we left the pavement to walk on the snow, they were all fine and happy. How strange? Did any one of you have this problem with your dogs?

I was thinking to take the boys out again but I've got stuck searching for my Photoshop Elements software that I misplaced. I've searched high and low and still cannot find the disc, how annoying? I recently reboot my computer and upgrade myself with Windows 7, so I have to re-install all softwares again.

To distress myself, I am enjoying a lovely Reese's peanut butter chocolate cup that my little friend Ling got me. I just love peanut butter. When Ling first brought back two tiny little peanut butter chocolate cups for me to try, I was addicted. I can't find any in the usual Supermarkets, Colin said this tummy chocolate comes from America and I was looking dying to get some for Christmas but with so much stuff got on my way and I didn't get any at the end, until Ling brought me a packet yesterday. YEAH! Thanks, Ling.


snow + peanut butter chocolate = heaven!




9 comments:

Vonnie said...

Yeah! Now you'll be so happy! Pics are brill the dogs are certainly enjoying themselves! The last pic is brill (snowman in backgorund too) Sizzle is so handsome!

The grit can nip their paws best to wash them if they step on it on the way into the house.

Now, I don't want to here you moaning when the snow won't go away like her! LOL! ;)

OBay Shelties said...

Oh Lian you should have told me about your addiction to Reeses Peanut butter cups! We could always bring you back some when we go to NY. Although it might not be good for your new fitness regime! :-) I also LOVE peanut butter cups and my mother in law used to make reeses peanut butter cup brownies for me; which is why I was so fat! ;-0

Sara said...

My dogs sometimes have problems with the salt on the roads. That's why I have to put boots on their feet. They will just stop wlaking and hold their paws up.

Glad you got some snow. The dogs look like they had lots of fun! Great photos.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle always, always looks so happy in your photos!

Mom says reese's peanut butter cups are so yummy - she doesn't buy them because she wouldn't be able to stop herself from eating them all!

Rosie Ison said...

Hi Lian

I am searching for a good camera to take dog pictures..which on do you use? your action pics are always great.

L1nG L1nG said...

Glad to know that you love the peanut butter chocolate =)

Angela said...

Oh wow, chocolate and peanut butter, that really is heaven......

Diana said...

I love the picture with the snowman in the back ground. We dont get snow, so I cant help you there. Diana

Hooch n Troops said...

hee hee your little ones always look happy...great photos...i wouldnt complain about having not much snow you should live here in the sticks where there is plenty! lol