Wednesday, January 19, 2011

scared!

Oh dear! They found another body, or torso rather on Mitcham Common on Monday afternoon. A member of public found it. This explained why I keep hearing the siren. You can read about it here. Luckily, I didn't go to this part of the Common with the dogs regularly but it is good enough to put me off now.

I remember a few years ago (2006), there was a body found in Mitcham Common, the bit that we go walking everyday or sometimes two or three times a day in the Summer months. I remembered very clearly, when the body was still there (they only found the body two weeks after she was murdered), young Saturn (he was just a year old then) probably has found the body on Day 1. The body was lie in the bush that we walked pass everytime we go to the Common. Saturn acted unusual then, when we walked passed the bush, he disappear into the bush where the body was later found. He always came when I called. I remembered well that he tried to pull my trouser whenever I walked away. I have never thought him "search", so to me, I thought he was "naughty". He was like that everytime we walked passed the bush until the body was discovered by another dog and his owner two weeks later. You can read about that case here.

When I think back. YUK! I didn't go to the Common for a few months. I have to drive out somewhere to walk the dogs daily.

I am too scare to walk the dogs in the Common now!


7 comments:

Diana said...

That is scary. Some people are just so sick. Ugh!

Sara said...

Oh that is scary. Can you imagine being the person who found the body? Horrifying.

Stay safe.

Chris and Ricky said...

That is awful. I don't blame you for wanting to stay away for awhile.

verobirdie said...

OMG, it is scary indeed! I hope they find who that body is. There is surely a family wondering where a dear one is...
I hope you can find another place where you feel safe to walk the dog.

Unknown said...

It's really awful!

Rhoda said...

Thats horrible, don't think I'd want to walk there either. Poor people who have lost a family member in such a horrific way :(

Vonnie said...

That's why I avoid places like that on my own. Even if someone is with you it can be earie! Such a sad world we live in! It's such as shame as the dogs to have somewhere to run!