Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching up ... Part Two ... Agility @ Axstane

We took the caravan on Friday evening to Axstane (18th & 19th June weekend). I was having two minds to either travel on the day or camp. From memories, the weather wasn't great and I was really worried how Scara will cope at her first camping in a horrible wet weather. It was a stressful week with all the workers came around to sort the house out and to be honest, I want to get out of the house, so we decided at the very last minute we will take the caravan. We got stuck on M25 for ages, it was supposed to 1.5 hours journey turned into 3 hours journey. Luckily, with Colin's help, we managed to set the awning up before the rain got heavy again!

Scara was a naughty girl, she tried to escape from the garden 7 times on Saturday morning. Where we park the caravan wasn't the safest spot (we only learned that on Saturday morning). We had so many cars drove pass in front of our caravan in SPEED. It was supposed to be 5mph but these so called dog lovers drove pass us with at least 20/30mph. I was furious especially I caught Scara loose outside our garden fencing. She either jump over and crawl under, either way IS BAD! After the 7th time, I decided to keep her in the puppy pen as I do not want a squash puppy!

The weather on Saturday was a mix bag, sometimes dry, sometimes rain but it passed very quickly. I did get soak to my skin once queuing to run Sipzie!

Agility wise, I didn't do well at all on Saturday, I don't know why but I just can't get anything right with any of my dogs! I have not have any single clean run with either Sizzle or Sipzie but ran clear with Saturn in the Mini/Mixi pairs with Bracken. This is Saturn's first proper run since Crufts. He only got one run, that is the Mini/Mixi pairs. We were leading for a long time until they started the Mini/Maxi pairs and we got pushed down to 11th place.
Saturn & Bracken @ Mini/Mixi pairs:
 
I was a bit too laid back and casual on Saturday due to the weather and missed Sizzle's Jumping run, so he only get to run in the Combined 1-7 KC Olympia. He ran well until I pulled him too much from the DW into the wrong end of the tunnel, I was lucky not to be marked for a refusal but I still managed to get an elimination. Our pull through didn't work again! Sigh ~
Sizzle's KC Olympia run:

My run on Saturday with Sipzie didn't go well either, she kept messing up with the weave now. She can weave brilliantly at home and at training but whenever we go to competition, whenever I command her to weave, she either go into the 1st and 2nd pole and pop out or bark and bark and bark ... and no weave! It happened almost everytime for 3 weekends at competition and I fear that has become a pattern. I don't know how to stop this problem but I have fellow competitors suggested I change the weave command to something else. I will try that to see if that helps. I believe is a kind of frustration from her than a command. At our last run on Sunday, she got really hyper and barked before we were anywhere near the weave and because she was busy barking, she didn't see anything in front of her and knock the jumping wing down. When I tell her off, she immediately went flat! Sigh ~

I finished my Saturday off early and fell asleep for the rest of the day. I am not sure if I was too tired or too stressed and thank goodness, I felt much better on Sunday and I was ready for the Champ with Sizzle.

After my disaster run in the KC Olympia, all I want is a clear round and Sizzle did me proud to run clear in the Champ Jumping. That clear round made me feel very good as I haven't have a clear round with him for ages.
Sizzle's Champ Jumping:
 
As there were only Small & Medium Champ at Axstane, so we soon got on with Champ Agility. I was having two minds when I walk the course, as you can see, I had a hicup the jump after the Dog Walk but luckily I recover quick enough this time to save am elimination; then again tunnel to weave, I was thinking to do a flick, so Sizzle is on my left but I was too worried that he will see nothing in front of him so I decided to do the front cross in front of the tunnel and send him to the weave. Sadly, he missed the 2nd pole and we got 5 faults on that.
Sizzle's Champ Agility:
 
With just 5 fault, it was good enough to take us through to the Final. WooHoo! First Final for us this year. Sizzle ran really well apart from me pushing too hard at the end to chase for time, he missed the Dog Walk contact! Oh well, we have to do more practice! I am really happy with my little man. I maybe bias but he is a great little dog, to me anyway!
Sizzle at Champ Final:
 
 
As for Miss Sipzie, all I can say is if she can weave, we can do better! I just needed to find the solution to it!

This is one of Sipzie's G1-3 Agility on the weekend:
 
and this is the Combined 1-7 Tunnel Jumping:
 
 

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Lovely run in the pairs :) Sometimes we have runs that are sent to try up! Sizzle is a good boy and is well on his way to stardom :)