Thursday, November 03, 2011

The competition begin ...

We got back to the hotel around 11pm on Friday night. Why so late? Don't ask me, we left around 10:30pm, the competition still going on ... we got back to Leuven, can't find anywhere to park the car, the hotel carpark is absolutely full up. We drove round around the square and the nearby street and finally found a spot 15 minutes walk away from the hotel. We were so tired that we only took with us the essential, changing cloth and wash bag. 

We settle in almost immediately, apart from Sipzie. Colin and I were too tired, after a quick shower, we were in bed with Sizzle. Sipzie for some reason just wouldn't settle. I am not sure if she is still thinking of Miguel. This is not the first time she stays in the hotel with us. Anyway, the hotel room isn't carpeted, it is wood flooring. ALL NIGHT, yes, ALL NIGHT! Sipzie been tip toeing!!! I was regret not to bring her crate into the room and Colin definitely don't fancy a 15 minutes walk to get her crate! I've tried to take her in bed with us but she jumped off straightaway and begin to walk around like an idiot ALL NIGHT! To be honest, I want to kill her! I was too tired and finally fell asleep but I woke up at 4am to hear her walking again! I tried very hard to go back to bed but I just couldn't! At about 5am, I have enough of her, I shut her in the toilet! Guess what? She still walk around in the tiny little square!!! Arrrrggghhhh ...

We have to wake up at 6am to get ready to go, the open ceremony starts at 7:45am and competition starts at 9am. After not much sleep on Friday night, I was feeling very tired and couldn't concentrate. I really enjoyed the courses, eventhough with the Grade 1 course. You think it will be up and down? Yes, the G1 Agility is up and down but they tilt the angle of the jumps so slightly and for a real beginners, I think I will struggle. Having said that, Sizzle for some reason won't go on in his G3 classes. 

Sipzie's performance on Saturday was absolutely awful. Her level of concentration was very low. She constantly looking for Miguel. At one point, I nearly leave her in Belgium with him but I am not that easily give up kinda of person. I decided to bring her crate into the ring and put in the crate until our turn to run. 

You can see from this video that I let her leap off the DW and didn't want to put her back and then into the weave, she's looking for Miguel ... I just want to keep running.

 
 and this is her G1 Jumping, I was so stressed with her weave that I forgot where to go after that!
 
 
On the other hand, Sizzle is such a good little boy. He has to wait for a long time before his first run and he gave me his best. Sadly, bad mummy didn't handled him well in the course and of course he jump off the see-saw too! Other than that, I am really pleased with how he ran the course. 
 


Oh, and this G3 Jumping I sent him into the wrong end of the tunnel after the tyre :((((
 
 
After we finished all our runs, we went for a nice country walk with Skye (Sing x Samber pup) and Jolanda, Joost and baby Hidde. It was such a nice tranquil place. Then, we patiently wait for our "ordered" meal. I think lack of communication and announcement made it hard for us. We've waited and waited and I was so hungry, and we don't know where to get food, not until we saw people start eating! Arrrggghhh ...

Anyway, we found out where to get food and it was a long queue ... I am very disappointed with the food, we have a bowl of pumpkin soup because its Halloween, a tiny portion of meat with a few fries and a bowl of salad and a tiny portion of chocolate mousse. At the end of it, we left and we went back to the hotel and bought a big kebab to share!

competition continue ...



1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Maybe the noise and environment threw Sipzie as well as Miguel :) Sizzle is powering! Bit of nightmare getting parked :(